Sunday, January 24, 2010

1/3 New Cooking Degree

Before last year I was not allowed to close to the stove, and now I am expected to cook my own food! Freshman year of college teaches much more than entry level math and English research papers, it also examines the challenging questions “Can I put this is the dryer?”, “How long does popcorn go in the microwave?” and “Can I eat this if it’s been in the fridge for more than a week?” After a few months of eating at the dining hall, snacking on old chips, and buying raw cookie dough but never cooking it, I feel as if there must be a better way to eat, and live! This blog will follow my adventures into the mysterious world of learning how to cook, when a visual of a fire extinguisher pops into your brain when someone says ‘grill’. I will not only search for great microwave tips and tricks, but also fast, easy, and healthy alternatives to the greasy take-out pizza that is oh so easily binged on. I have not real background and no real space to cook a masterpiece, but while I watch my waistline for the freshmen fifteen, I know that cooking fresh is the way to go! So follow me as my adventure unfolds and maybe you will learn a few tips as I burn my way to a cooking degree!

No comments:

Post a Comment