Tuesday, January 26, 2010

2/3 Art in my Potatoes

Art is everywhere, and it is definitely on my plate. Ever since I was old enough to hold I fork in my soft little hand, I have sculpted, mixed and separated my food into elegantly thought though pieces of artwork, little did I know that this party faux pas would one day shape the way that I looked at my future profession. I am a Studio Art major. I specialize in painting, but find all art forms interesting, and interesting. From the moment I awaken to the dreams that overcome my unconscious at nightfall, art is on my mind. That includes all the time I spend eating, which happens quite in excess in some situations. I have often been asked what I was looking at, when staring into my dining hall plastic plate, the truth is I am looking for the art. How potatoes create craters for my tofu mountains to arise, how the ham mixes in perfect 4 to 5 ration in my mac & cheese, and even how my salad dressing slowly drips off my cucumbers into a beautiful pile of tomatoes and spinach. So follow the landscape of how I perceive food, as I explore what cooks, pastry chefs, and artist all have interest in: the design of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment